My Little Corner of the Net

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Quick Strombecker Repair

I picked up a old wooden kitchen stool at an estate sale.  
I assume that the stool is probably Strombecker brand.  

The stool is missing some paint and one of it's legs. 


I picked up a wooden dowel at a local hobby store and cut it to the proper length.
I removed one of the existing legs to get the exact length.

After some light sanding, the stool was ready to paint.  
I had a container of paint that looked close to the same color.

Time for some glue.


After I applied a little of the paint, I knew from experience that this was not going to be quite the same color or sheen.


No, thats not a fried egg, its me adding a little bit of yellow paint to the mix.  I also added some varnish to give the paint a little gloss like the original.
 


I had quite a bit of paint left over, so I looked through my box of projects and found this Strombecker sink that I have had for a while and gave it a fresh coat of paint with the remainder.



Strombecker came in different scales and finishes.  To see my collections, click the links below:



My 3/4" Strombecker collection can be seen here:


8 comments:

  1. Hello, Troy! Perfect restoration! For me, the legs of the same size are always a problem. The color is perfect! Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliantly done! I would never have thought to add gloss to the paint.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Troy - Nice work on the stool; and how thrifty to paint the sink as well and not waste the paint! Both pieces look great.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Troy,
    Well done. the bench is lovely and the sink looks great.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  5. If anyone could do that I knew you could. Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Mending and refurbishing these wonderful old pieces are half the fun of collecting! Great job, Troy!

    ReplyDelete