My Little Corner of the Net

Saturday, November 4, 2017

My Take A Seat Collection

My Take-a-Seat collection resides in this ultra modern house nestled in the palm trees.


It's actually the Dylan Dollhouse by Brinca Dada, which I found it on Craig's List a few years ago.  Here is a picture from "Recent Acquistions" post for the house in July of 2014.


As you can see, I have added a few chairs to the collection since then.

The house is set up like a museum with many of the chairs set up on risers.  Most of the chairs scale models and based on famous chairs thoughout history.

Pearwood c.1900

Patio c. 1990

Longhorn c. 1930

Mexican Leather c. 1980

Regency Leopard c. 1810

Mr Vanderbilt's Chair c. 1895

On Deck c. 1910

Adirondack c. 1940

Mrs. Vanderbilt's Chair c 1897

Art Nouveau c.1900

George Washington Presidential Chair c. 1790

Slipper Chair c. 1880

Biltmore Music Room c. 1890

Corner c. 1770

Mission Style Rocker c. 1908

Viridan c. 1920

Biltmore Billard Room c. 1896

Red Heart c 1999

Linear Elegance c. 1902

Racing Red c. 1991

Stardust Memories 2001 Event Chair

San Demas c. 1992

Slope Wingback c. 1944


Peacock Splendor c. 2000

Chrome & Leather c. 1928

Full Circle c. 2000

Ribbon c. 1965

Form & Function c. 1999

Willow Rocker c. 1930

Zebra Chaise c. 1928

10 comments:

  1. Menuda colección de silla bonitas,en todos los estilos,son preciosas!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous collection. You have some smashing chairs here. :) That longhorn chair is amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Magnifique collection, vous avez de la chance ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a HUGE collection of "Take a Seat" chairs, Troy! I love that you have some of them up on platforms inside the modern house. By far, the Sloped Arm Chair, looks the most comfortable for me, and if I were touring inside your museum, that is where I would illegally be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Vow, the collection is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi, Troy - This is the most amazing collection of chairs, and you've found a perfect house in which to display them. But of all the chairs, my first favorite is the beautiful Corner chair, c. 1770. My second favorite is the gorgeous Peacock Splendor. All the others are my third favorites! I love this "Take a Seat" collection!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have a few of these. You have placed them in a perfect setting!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hello, Troy! It's grandiose! The small museum of unique small chairs is very impressive. Your collection is beautiful! Hugs, Julia

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hello Troy,
    What a wonderful collection. They are real works of art. That house is the perfect stage upon which to show them off.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete