My Little Corner of the Net

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Tulsa Miniature Club

This month at miniature club we made flowers from wire and nail polish.  Each month we take turns teaching  and this month, our talented instructor was Lerryn.  She brought several examples of her work to show and inspire us.

   




Another club member brought in these two great examples


Here was my nights work - not bad for my first attempt - maybe after some practice I could make something presentable?


In other news, a cache of miniatures was donated to the club.  It was divided up into lots and this is the one that I ended up with - 


These were some of my favorite things in the group:  a silver hairbrush, comb and mirror.  a brass wall sconce and a an electrified lamp also in a plastic bag.  The glass decanter has a glass stop and the tiny brass bell even has a ringer!


 The copper plates have this on the back - The only part I can make out is "MADE IN ITALY"



7 comments:

  1. Me encantan como os han quedado las plantas,que colorido tan bonito!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I saw an article about it in a magazine once, but haven't come across any other information, seems to be a lost art.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Troy,
    I th9ink your flowers are pretty good for a first attempt. Well done. You ended up with a great lot. There are some wonderful items in there.
    Big hug
    Giac

    ReplyDelete
  4. As with everything practice seems to be the key. I've seen nail polished used on jewelry findings to make tiffany lamps as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful flowers, very intersting technique!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this flower making technique demonstrated on youtube and I think that it would be fascinating to explore, and I think that you did well on your first attempts. And it is always interesting to learn something new.

    The embossing on the back of the copper pieces looks like- Creative World Miniatures Made in Italy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi, Troy - The flowers are beautiful. I've never seen that technique before, but it looks interesting to try. Your first attempt is very good. That's a great miscellaneous collection of miniatures that you ended up with. I think my favorite piece is the glass decanter with a stopper. What a fun club meeting that must have been!
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete