My Little Corner of the Net

Thursday, September 7, 2017

Cozy Cabin Back Door

I completed the back door to my cabin project. 



This was the template that I used for the door from a drawing that I did in AutoCAD.  I am still undecided on the number of divisions for the window.


Just like the front door, I started with a single piece of wood then cut out the window opening.


I added side and bottom rails to the door


Since this is a dutch door, I cut it in two


I scored the wood to make it look like more than one piece of wood and added some more trim pieces to help it relate to the design of the front door.

I used the template to cut smaller wood pieces for the window divisions


Here is the door with the first coat of stain

These are the side trim pieces


I used pins as the pivot hinges

  I used a rubber band to hold it in place while the glue dried.  I have ordered some hardware, and I will update when it arrives.


Here is video of the front and back doors to give a little context.

To see how I built the front door, click HERE  You can click the Cabin link below to see other posts related to the cabin.

7 comments:

  1. OMG I love this build! I am going to the link right now to shamelessly indulge myself in it!
    The second door is so rustically fantastic! Both doors make me want to go scratch build something!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love how it looks! And your chimney is just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Troy - Another great door! You make the measuring and fitting look so effortless - especially the pin hinges. Both front and back doors work beautifully. Thanks for the video - everything looks wonderful. I love what I can see of the interior.
    Marjorie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Me encanta como ha quedado la puerta,es una maravilla!!!!
    Besos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The doors look great Troy! I love the divided door... I hadn't noticed that! And the whole cabin is starting to really look like an escape to the Woods!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Troy! I really like this door. Your skill is great. Thanks for the video, it's very interesting.

    ReplyDelete